Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Pause in Pennsylvania


Traveling straight through from Phoenix to Venice -- a four-hour flight followed by a nine-hour flight -- would have been too much for Xingxing, not to mention me!  So we overnighted in Philadelphia, at a cute "concept" hotel near the airport called Aloft.

Even if I wasn't considering Xingxing, a stopover was a good idea. Sure, it takes a little more time and costs a little more money. But I'm retired. Time is what I've got. And as for the money ... which  is better? To spend a bit more money and arrive in Venice bright-eyed and well rested?  Or to arrive in Venice exhausted, and collapse in my very expensive hotel room for a day or so?

Aloft is a chain of hotels. They're a bit different.  I especially like the way the rooms are laid out, almost like little studio apartments rather than typical hotel rooms.  The color schemes are pretty, and repeated in the corridors and lobby areas.  All the amenities, and no  charge for extras.

So we're having a restful day, and will fly out early this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment