Saturday, July 12, 2014

Excuse the Confusion!

IYou're noticing that all of this is somewhat out of sequence. And that my blog from Zadar doesn't include any photographs. Let me warn you -- unless I can untangle the technology, my blog from Split won't have any photographs, either.

We are experiencing what the television channels call technical difficulties. First of all, the internet service aboard ship is slow, and tends to cut out at crucial moments. Also, it's expensive. You buy a certain number of minutes, fiddle around trying to log in, try to upload something and then when you're almost done you run out of minutes, you're automatically logged off and since you didn't finish what you began, you have to start all over again. This is frustrating, especially when your stuff simply disappears into cyberspace, where nobody can hear you scream.

I also made the mistake of buying a mini IPad just before I left. I love it. Unfortunately, I can't drive it very well. In particular, I can't persuade it to talk to my iPhone. So the photos I take with my iPhone go up into the "cloud" and stay there. That's where the photos of Zadar and Split are, at the moment.

But I shall soldier on.  Watch this space. Sooner or later, I'll get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment